Check back for next year's camp registration information!
Handicapable Camp 2022
Dear Potential Camper, Parent, and/or Guardian:
We are so happy for the possibility of you being a part of Handicapable Camp in 2022!! Download the information sheet (.pdf).
We are a volunteer-based camp that focuses on what the campers can do and not their limitations. Due to being a camp that services teens and adults with disabilities, we are limited in the number of camper positions that are available. These spots are filled on a first come, first received basis. Camp fills up fast, so, it is best to get your application in as soon as possible.
Please complete the online application form by clicking the link below:
Registration is closed.
Important points to note:
- Incomplete applications (missing signatures, information or forms) will be returned. It is possible that this could exclude the camper from being in the limited number of campers accepted. It is important that you submit the completed application along with all forms and signatures as soon as possible and no later than Friday, July 1, 2022
- Applications are accepted by determining what the camper’s medical needs are, and if camp staff can meet those needs.
- All medical information must be listed including prescribed medicines and over-the-counter drugs. All medicines will be stored with our medical staff. Medicines will be available any time they are needed.
- All medical equipment that is sent to camp must be labeled with the camper’s name.
- Be sure to provide the name and phone number of the person who will be available during Camp as the Emergency Contact.
- The board of directors asks all items of personal value be left at home. Handicapable Camp CANNOT be held liable for items lost or broken at camp.
- NOTE TO GROUP HOMES: We will NOT be accepting MARS. The attached Medication and Equipment Checklist Forms must be filled out in order for the application to be considered complete.
CHECK-IN TIME is Friday at 4:30 pm.. Please DO NOT arrive before the check-in time. Campers arriving early will be asked to wait with their guardian.
FINAL CHECK-OUT TIME is Sunday morning at 10:30am. It is important that the camper’s transportation arrive as close to 10:30 am as possible.
Reminder: Campers are required to wear loose modest clothing, i.e. no short shorts, tight fitting leggings, low cut tops, or sleeveless shirts with the sides cut out, etc.
If you know someone that would like to be a camper, counselor, or activity volunteer, please direct them to our website at www.handicapablecamp.org Questions can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call (317) 800-9822.
Thank you for your interest in Handicapable Camp, Inc.!
Josh Weddell, Board President
Handicapable Camp, Inc.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT LIST
Clothing appropriate for the weather (enough for the whole weekend + an extra set)
Towels and washcloths
Plastic bag for dirty/wet clothing
Comfortable walking shoes
Change for soft drink machine
Directions to Bradford Woods
5040 STATE ROAD 67 N, MARTINSVILLE IN, 46151
Bradford Woods is located on State Road 67 near Martinsville, Indiana, 30 minutes south of Indianapolis and 30 minutes north of Bloomington.
To get to Bradford Woods from the North:
– Take 67 South towards Mooresville and Martinsville.
– After passing through Mooresville, continue another 8 miles. Bradford Woods will be located on your right, approximately one mile after you pass a Marathon gas station.
To get to Bradford Woods from the South:
– Take 37 North to Martinsville.
– Merge onto Morton Ave/IN-39 North.
– Follow IN-39 across the White River, then bear right onto 67 North.
– Follow 67 North approximately 5 miles. Look for the brown sign directing you to Bradford Woods. The entrance to camp will be on your left.