2022 Handicapable Camp
September 9, 10, 11, 2022
Dear Cabin Leaders, Counselors, Nurses, Staff & Volunteers:
We are currently accepting volunteer applications for the 2022 camp. We are planning a fun and exciting weekend and will be posting updates to our website when we have more information.
Please complete the online application form by clicking the link below:
Anyone wishing to donate to help defray the cost of camp may make checks payable to Handicapable Camp, Inc. or donate via the link on the Handicapable Camp website. (donations are tax deductible.)
Points to Note:
- Bradford Woods is a “no smoking” facility. Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed on the premises.
- All volunteers are required to wear loose modest clothing. (i.e.no short shorts, tight fitting leggings, low cut tops, no sleeveless shirts with the sides cut out, etc.).
- All camp staff who have one-to-one contact with the campers, and who are eighteen years of age or older, will be checked against the Indiana State Police Criminal History Registry.
- If you are unable to attend after submitting your application, please call 317-800-9822 to inform us.
Please note on your application if you will not arrive at the scheduled check in time.
For the campers’ safety, Counselor’s and staff medications must be stored with the medical staff in a secured place. Non-campers will have ready access to his/her medications.
CHECK-IN TIME: TBD
FINAL CHECK-OUT TIME : TBD
Reminder: Volunteers are required to wear loose modest clothing, i.e. no short shorts, tight fitting leggings, low cut tops, or sleeveless shirts with the sides cut out, etc.
If you know someone that would like to be a camper, counselor, or activity volunteer, please direct them to our website at www.handicapablecamp.org Questions can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call (317) 800-9822.
We are now accepting volunteer applications.
Thank you for your interest in Handicapable Camp, Inc.!
Josh Weddell, Board President
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT LIST
Clothing appropriate for the weather + an extra set
Insect repellent, Sunscreen, Jacket/sweat suit, Raincoat/poncho, Comfortable walking shoes, Change of clothes, Personal items, Plastic bag for dirty/wet clothing, Change for soft drink machine, Flashlight.
Directions to Bradford Woods
- 5040 State Road 67 N, Martinsville IN, 46151
- Bradford Woods is located on State Road 67 near Martinsville, Indiana, 30 minutes south of Indianapolis and 30 minutes north of Bloomington.
To get to Bradford Woods from the North:
– Take 67 South towards Mooresville and Martinsville.
– After passing through Mooresville, continue another 8 miles. Bradford Woods will be located on your right, approximately one mile after you pass a Marathon gas station.
To get to Bradford Woods from the South:`
– Take 37 North to Martinsville.
– Merge onto Morton Ave/IN-39 North.
– Follow IN-39 across the White River, then bear right onto 67 North.
– Follow 67 North approximately 5 miles. Look for the brown sign directing you to Bradford Woods. The entrance to camp will be on your left.